Agile has become domesticated, and it’s time to get back to its complex roots. Join us for a Masterclass in new approaches and tools.
At the Cynefin Co, we believe that as development cycles become more complex and time-to-market accelerates, AGILE processes and development need to become more adaptive and allow for deeper levels of sense-making and emergence, not less… Meanwhile, some industry players are striving to standardise and dumb down these same processes with one-size-fits all frameworks (usually supported by an easy certification).
This Masterclass picks up on the theme of Rewilding AGILE, reflecting on new developments and tools in the past year in the context of a multi-methods, multi-tools ecosystem. Join Dave Snowden and a growing movement of AGILE professionals globally, to explore alternative futures and ways of engaging in our work.
In this workshop, participants will explore…
Cynefin & Agile
- Engage with and understand the ‘why’ behind complexity-friendly approaches to AGILE transformations in an introduction to the latest version of Cynefin, including the liminal zones at the domain boundaries.
- Map the various elements of AGILE, SCRUM and associated methods into the Cynefin framework, to understand the complexity dynamics of development and innovation processes.
- Contextualize Agile, Waterfall, Scrum and other approaches within the Cynefin framework – and determine the appropriate methods to apply as a result.
Pre- and Post-Scrum techniques
- Explore an eco-system of applicable Pre- and Post-SCRUM tools and methods to enrich AGILE development, and the SenseMaker tools and applications to support them.
- Unpack innovative approaches to engage with the lived experiences of a broad range of users/communities and to integrate those insights into the design and development of truly novel solutions.
- Encounter methods for unarticulated user needs discovery, distributed ideation and feedback, persona construction and a new approach to Retrospectives.
- Experiment with our Cynefin and Agile hexi facilitation kits, designed to support collective sense-making, planning and co-creation conversations and workshops.
Scaling in Complexity
- Scaling AGILE and complex methods presents a complex challenge in itself. In a complex system, scaling works through decomposition and recombination, not aggregation, demanding a different approach.
- Explore complexity-based approaches to scaling… decomposition and recombination and processes to establish the optimal level of coherence for scalability.
- Discover opportunities and approaches to create space for complexity, innovation and emergence, even within more structured or typical systems and processes.
- How organizations can scale agility in ways congruent with complexity: explore the opportunities and limitations of taking Agile methods and principles beyond software development.
- A vector theory of change: moving from a focus on individual mindset, to changing the environment and creating the conditions for emergence through affordances, agency and assemblages.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
Voluntary cancellations by registrants are permitted up to 2 weeks prior to the course start and a refund for the amount paid will be provided less a 10% refund processing fee. Substitutions are permitted at any time as well as rescheduling attendance to an alternate session within a year of the original course start date. Substitutions and/or rescheduling of courses for discounted tickets may be subject to rescheduling restrictions and/or fee supplements.
Cognitive Edge reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule training sessions. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, a registered attendee can request a full refund of course fees. Refunds will be processed within ten (10) business days of refund request